Let us come to you or join us here at GTEC for our 3 Day Biomass Installer Course and update your knowledge and skills in our first-class training facility in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales. We provide the best trainers and learn in small groups to give you exceptional individual training, making sure that you fully understand what you are learning and helping you to get the very best out of your course.
We work with and support local businesses to provide excellent catering throughout the course duration and can also provide you with good deals on local accommodation in town should you need it.
What is the qualification about?
This 3-day course is designed to help you understand and gain competency in installing, commissioning and maintaining wood pellet burning appliances as well as understanding the legislation and industry standards required.
Who is it for & why is it important to me?
This course is aimed at those keen to learn about woody biomass heating systems and will provide all the skills and knowledge required to select the most appropriate system for a building based on the client’s requirements, as well as the ability to install and maintain the most common types of systems in the UK safely and efficiently. Completion of the course will provide you with a Level 3 Certification, increasing your credibility and giving you the competitive edge, as well as showing your customers that you are trained to the highest of standards.
This course is designed for anyone who hold any of the following;
- N/SVQ Level 2/3 in Plumbing or equivalent earlier certification that provides evidence of competence
- N/SVQ Level 2/3 in Heating and Ventilating (Domestic Installation) or equivalent earlier certification that provides evidence of competence
- N/SVQ Level 2/3 in Heating and Ventilating (Industrial and Commercial Installation) or equivalent earlier certification that provides evidence of competence
- N/SVQ Level 2/3 in Oil-Fired Technical Services, solid fuel or equivalent earlier certification that provides evidence of competence
- N/SVQ Level 2/3 in Gas Installation and Maintenance or equivalent earlier certification that provides evidence of competence
- JIB-PMES/CSCS card or Engineering Services SKILL card
- or have the equivalent working experience.
In addition, if not included in the above you will need a current certification in relation to:
- Water Regulations/Water Byelaws (WRAS or equivalent)
- Energy Efficiency for Domestic Heating
How long is the course and what is included?
This course is 3 days in total. The cost of the course includes training, assessment, the certification fee and course material as well as lunch and refreshments throughout the day. 0% financing is available for this course (terms and conditions apply).
What does the course cover?
Once you have completed this course you will:
- be able to confirm that the installation of wood pellet burning appliances comply with the manufacturer’s instructions and normative standards.
- be able to confirm the suitability of chimneys, and flue systems.
- be able to commission wood pellet burning appliances.
- be able to service and maintain wood pellet burning appliances.
- be able to diagnose and rectify faults in wood pellet burning appliances
- know the legislation normative and informative standards that apply to wood pellet burning appliances.
- know the formats of wood used in wood burning appliances.
- know the factors affecting the selection of wood burning appliances
- know the operating principles of wood pellet burning appliances and their components.
- know the siting, construction and safety requirements of wood pellet hoppers and storage areas
- know the combustion process and the principles of safe combustion of wood pellet burning appliances.
- know the ventilation requirements for wood pellet burning appliances
- know the operation and standards of chimneys and flue systems used with wood burning appliances
- know the requirements of hearths fitted below wood pellet burning appliances
- know how to test the flue/chimney system connected to wood pellet burning appliances
- know the installation requirements of wood pellet appliances
- know the range of equipment used to commission wood pellet burning appliances
- know the commissioning requirements of wood pellet burning appliances
- know the requirements for the routine service and maintenance of wood pellet burning appliances
How will I learn and be assessed?
The course involves classroom-based training as well as practical elements. Our trainers help you learn in an informal and lively environment and are there to guide you and answer any questions that you, or other fellow trainers may have.
The course will be assessed by written theory papers as well as practical assessments.
What do I need to bring to the course?
Any course material required will be provided by GTEC.
Who is the awarding organisation for this course?
LOGIC Certification Ltd.
You will receive your certificate approximately 4 to 6 weeks following successful completion of the course.
What can this qualification lead on to?
Once you have completed this essential course there are many other areas you may choose to expand your professional development, including:
To book your place, either click the link above, or give us a quick call on 01969 666111 to speak to our training department.