Let us come to you or join us here at GTEC for our 4 Day Initial Verification and Certification of Electrical Installations 2391-50 Course and update your knowledge and skills in our first-class training facility in the heart of the beautiful Yorkshire Dales. We work with the best trainers and assessors in small groups to give you exceptional individual training, making sure that you fully understand what you are learning and helping you to get the very best out of your course.
We work with and support local businesses to provide excellent catering throughout the course duration and can also provide you with good deals on local accommodation in town (less than half a mile away) should you need it.
Who is it for & why is it important to me?
This course is aimed at qualified electricians wishing to update their knowledge of electrical installation techniques and legislation. All candidates should have a basic knowledge of electrical wiring and experience of electrical installations. Completion of the course will provide you with a Level 3 Certification, increasing your credibility and giving you the competitive edge, as well as showing your customers that you are trained to the highest of standards.
The qualification is also suitable for those with limited experience of initial inspection of electrical installations, such as those entering the industry from other engineering disciplines.
How long is the course and what is included?
This course is 4 days in total. The cost of the course includes training, assessment, the certification fee and course material as well as lunch and refreshments throughout the day. 0% financing is available for this course (terms and conditions will apply).
What does the course cover?
The course is designed to enable you to understand the principles, practices and legislation for the initial verification of electrical installations with regulation & requirements.
Skills and essential background knowledge for the inspection, testing, commissioning and certification of electrical installations are covered within the course, including:
- Safe isolation of electrical circuits and installations
- Requirements for initial verification of electrical installations
- Requirements for completing the inspection of electrical installations prior to their being placed into service
- Requirements for the safe testing and commissioning of electrical installations
- Requirements for testing before circuits are energised
- Requirements for testing energised installations
- Requirements for the completion of electrical installation certificates and associated documentation
- Safety of systems and equipment prior to completion of inspection, testing and commissioning
- Inspection of electrical installations prior to them being placed into service
- Commissioning electrotechnical systems and equipment
You will also cover:
- Health and Safety requirements
- Relevant documentation
- Requirements for the inspection
- Factors that affect conductor resistance values
- Common earth fault loop paths
- Methods for verifying protection
- Requirements for determining fault current
- Procedures for dealing with clients
How will I learn and be assessed?
- One multiple choice test
- Two practical tasks
What do I need to bring to the course?
Candidates will require access to the 18th Edition Wiring Regulations, the Onsite Guide and IEE Guidance Note 3 and we can provide these books for you at cost. Please contact our Training Dept. team on 01969 666111 for further details and prices.
Any other course material required will be provided by GTEC.
Who is the certification body for this course?
City & Guilds.
You will receive your City & Guilds Level 3 certificate approximately 4 to 6 weeks following successful completion as all aspects of the course.
What can this qualification lead on to?
Once you have completed this course there are many other areas you may choose to expand your professional development, including:
- 18th Edition Wiring Regulations 3 Day Course
- 18th Edition Wiring Regulations 1 Day Course
- Portable Appliance Test (PAT) 2 Day Course
- Periodic Inspection & Test of Electrical Installations (2391-51) Course
To book your place, either click the link above, or give us a quick call on 01969 666111 to speak to our training department.