What is the qualification about?
The course will provide a good level of understanding for the design and specification of basic domestic heating systems, as well as size hot water storage cylinders. The course is based upon the CIBSE Domestic Heating Design Guide (DHDG) 2007 ISBN 1 903287 40 5
Who is it for & why is it important to me?
The Foundation certificate in heating and hot water design course is aimed at installers who have recently entered the industry or have little or no experience in the area of heating system design. The course is particularly useful for candidates moving in to the Renewables Industry
How long is the course and what is included?
2 days duration
Lunch and refreshments throughout the day are included during the training course
What does the course cover?
- Comfort conditions and basic heating and hot water principles
- Basic system types
- Heat-loss calculations
- System design
- System specification and selection including emitters, pipe work, boilers and pump sizing
- Sizing and selection of hot water systems
How will I learn and be assessed?
Following completion of the training course candidates will be assessed using a design scenario task and multiple choice assessment.
What do I need to bring to the course?
All course material is provided and will be available for collection upon registration on the first day.
Who is the certification body for this course?
What can this qualification lead on to?
- Underfloor Heating Installation & Design
- Heatpumps – Installer / Design Awareness
- Energy Efficiency for Domestic Heating
- Hot Water Systems & Safety ( Inc. Unvented Hot Water )
- Domestic Energy Assessor / Green Deal Advisor