What is the qualification about?
The Domestic Electrical Installer (DEI) Training and Assessment package covers electrical work as outlined in the Part P Building Regulation and BS7671:2008 (2011) 17th Edition Wiring Regulations
Who is it for & why is it important to me?
The Full Scope DEI assessment is for candidates who wish to offer full electrical installations in domestic properties as a stand-alone task.
How long is the course and what is included?
Lunch and refreshments throughout the day are included during the training course
What does the course cover?
- Component exchange
- Applicable building regulations
- Electrical safety legislation regulations, standards and terminology
- Pre-work survey / inspections
- Safe isolation procedures
- Identification of unsafe electrical situations
- Earthing and bonding requirements
- Electrical test procedures
- Cable components and fitting selection
- Installation and replacement of electrical components and fittings
- Checking the correct and safe operation of installed electrical components
- Recording of electrical test results, completion of certification and notification requirements
- Installing and or re-routing cables to form suitable outlet connections
- Special locations
- High protective conductors
- Domestic lighting circuits, SELV
- Maintaining domestic electrical installations
- 3 Phase supplies
- Domestic consumer units
How will I learn and be assessed?
Assessment is carried out using a variety of methods; including multiple choice, short written response and scenario questions and observed practical tasks.
What do I need to bring to the course?
IET Electricians Guide to the Building Regulations – ISBN 978-1849195560 (4th Edition)
We also recommend the IET Onsite Guide (Amend 3 2015)
Who is the certification body for this course?
What can this qualification lead on to?
- QCF-L3 Requirements for Electrical Installations BS7671 ( 17th Edition )
- Solar Photovoltaic Installer