Come and join us here at GTEC for our 3 Day 18th Edition Wiring Regulations Course and update your knowledge and skills in our first-class training facility in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales. We work with the best trainers in small groups to give you exceptional individual training, making sure that you fully understand what you are learning and helping you to get the very best out of your course.
We work with and support local businesses to provide excellent catering throughout the course duration and can also provide you with good deals on local accommodation in town (less than half a mile away) should you need it.
Who is it for and why is this important to me?
The course is designed for anyone who needs an understanding of electrical wiring, including practicing electricians and domestic installers, gas installers, kitchen fitters, plumbers and builders, and all allied professionals and other related trades needing to update their knowledge and understanding of the IET Wiring Regulations. In addition, anyone looking to looking to register with the new ECS card scheme will need the latest qualification.
This course is 3 days in total. The cost of the course includes training, assessment, the certification fee and course material as well as lunch and refreshments throughout the day. 0% financing is available for this course (terms and conditions will apply.
The IET 18th Edition course will provide you with:
- A full understanding of the regulations applicable to most electrical installations
- Knowledge about installing equipment to the latest standards
- Knowledge about the new guidance on Arc Fault Detection Devices for rented accommodation
- Up to date requirements for disconnection times
- Information about the changes required for fixing cabling in all installations
- Knowledge about the changes to Residual Current-Device (RCD) protection
- The confidence that all your installations meet the new standards for ever changing technologies
- Reassurance that you are working responsibly to the latest standards
- The most up to date advice when carrying out Periodic Inspection and Tests
- A recognised qualification that shows prospective and current employers you are responsible, informed and working to the latest standards
How will I learn and be assessed?
The 18th Edition Wiring Regulations course involves classroom-based training and there is no practical element. Our trainers help you learn in an informal and lively environment and are there to guide you and answer any questions that you, or other fellow trainers may have.
All candidates are assessed by completing a 60-question multiple choice online exam, which will cover all the regulations, and we will help you with your exam preparation to make sure that you are as ready as can for the assessment. The exam is ‘open book’ which means that throughout the duration of the two-hour exam, you will refer and use your 18th Edition book.
This course is certificated by City & Guilds and if you complete the course and exam successfully, you will receive a City & Guilds Level 3 award. This certificate will be sent to you approximately 4 to 6 weeks after completing the course.
What do I need to bring to the course?
Candidates will require the new 18th Edition book and preferably the revised 18th Edition on-site guide.
We can provide these books for you at cost. Please contact our Training Dept. team on 01969 666111 for further details.
What can this qualification lead on to?
Once you have completed this essential course there are many other areas you may choose to expand your professional development, including:
- Periodic Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations 5-day course – 2391 – City & Guilds
- Initial Verification & Certification of Installations 5-day course – 2391 – City & Guilds
- PAT Testing 1-day course – City & Guilds
- Domestic Photovoltaics’ Installer 3-day course
To book your place, either click the link above, or give us a quick call on 01969 666111 to speak to our training department.