Let us come to you or join us here at GTEC for our 5 Day C & G Combined Course and update your knowledge and skills in our first-class training facility in the heart of the beautiful Yorkshire Dales. We work with the best trainers and assessors in small groups to give you exceptional individual training, making sure that you fully understand what you are learning and helping you to get the very best out of your course.
We work with and support local businesses to provide excellent catering throughout the course duration and can also provide you with good deals on local accommodation in town should you need it.
Who is it for & why is it important to me?
This course is aimed at contractors already working in the industry that require the skills and qualifications to allow them to adequately test and inspect installations as well as perform initial verification and Certification. Completion of the course will provide you with a Level 3 Certification, increasing your credibility and giving you the competitive edge, as well as showing your customers that you are trained to the highest of standards.
How long is the course and what is included?
This course is 5 days in total. The cost of the course includes training, assessment, the certification fee and course material as well as lunch and refreshments throughout the day. 0% financing is available for this course (terms and conditions will apply).
What does the course cover?
The course covers everything in the 2391-50 Initial Verification and Certification of Electrical Testing course:
- How to safely isolate circuits and installations
- What the requirements are for initial verifications
- The requirements for the inspections of installations before they are put into service
- Safe testing and commissioning requirements
- Tests required before energising circuits
- Testing energised installation requirements
- Completing electrical installation certificates and the associated documentation
- Safe working systems for inspection, testing and commissioning before completion
Also covered is the 2391-51 Periodic Inspection & Testing of Electrical Installations:
- How to commission electro-technical equipment and systems
- How to isolate electrical circuits and installations safely
- How to complete electrical installation condition reports and other supporting documentation
- Completing periodic inspections
- The differences between initial verification and periodic inspections
- Safe testing of installations already in service
- Safe testing before circuits have been energised
- How to test energised installations
- How to interpret and understand the results of testing
- Confirmation of the safety of systems and equipment before completion of the testing, inspection and commissioning
- Recording observations and classifications
How will I learn and be assessed?
The course consists of theory & practical training, followed by written multiple-choice assessment and three practical tasks.
What do I need to bring to the course?
Candidates will require the new 18th Edition book, Guidance Note 3 (18th Edition) and the revised 18th Edition On-site Guide. We can provide these books for you at cost. Please contact our Training Dept. team on 01969 666111 for further details.
Any additional course material required will be provided by GTEC.
Who is the certification body for this course?
City & Guilds.
You will receive your City & Guilds Level 3 certificate approximately 4 to 6 weeks following successful completion as all aspects of the course.
What can this qualification lead on to?
Once you have completed this essential course there are many other areas you may choose to expand your professional development, including:
- Introduction to Renewables 2 Day Course
- Domestic Solar Photovoltaics Installation 3 Day Course
- Portable Appliance Test (PAT) 2 Day Course
To book your place, either click the link above, or give us a quick call on 01969 666111 to speak to our training department.